Monday 15 August 2011

A Great Misunderstanding

Recently in small-scale old student reunion , a great misunderstanding made the reunion a disaster in the end all because of a joke .  An old classmate phoned me up to meet a female classmate from outstation and we had a refreshment at a small eating stall. In the course of enjoying good food, we naturally talked of the old classmates and the related subjects. We boys also mentioned the secret admiration of the female classmates and of course, there was laughter and jokes quite harmless. But somehow after she has left Kuching, I met my old friend again later. During our meet, I teased him for his eagerness and very visible admiration of the former lady classmate. I jokingly teased her about it later in our emails exchange. She tried to argue heatedly that they had not behaved untowardly during their meeting  with me on the spot and was angery for my implying anything more pure friendship. I did explain to her that what he said was just that he had feeling for her though she may not know nor did she reciprocated the feeling and then she just stopped all emails or phonecalls altogether. Thus, I have just lost one old classmate /friend just bcause I was not very careful in making jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment