Thursday 20 October 2011

Narrow Escape

I have had a narrow escape from the Rajang River when I was only 10 years or so. I was at a wharf watching my big brother and sister rowing a boat. When the boat came near the wharf I could not  wait any longer and just put one foot on  to the rickety boat. Before I knew it the boat shook and moved away from the wharf thus I fell into the river in no time.  It was sometime before I was hauled up by my brother like a soaked through chicken.  Later I also experienced a near drown in a pond near Su Lai Primary School in Telok Ensurai down the Rajang River. I was pulled up by a schoolmate whom I often looked down upon because of his poor school result.Being his free tuition teacher, I often scolded him for being slow in learning. But now I regret and feel that he has certainly saved my life then.  Then over ten years ago, I just happened to have artery operation, I could have just ended my life if not for the capable Indian expatriate doctor who just happened to be on his last day of duty and would fly back to India the next day. Fortunately he made the perfect diagnosis and I was sent to bigger hospital to do the vital operation thus I escaped another death.  So I think I have all along been rather lucky having escaped death for three times. Thaat is why I believe I have to do all I can to cherish this precious life for the rest of my life. I think I am able to meet any difficulties in life and hope to do something good to other people as best I can not just for repayment of kindness of others but also for the sake of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment