Sunday 11 November 2012

My Own Experience

The problem of corruption has been very serious since time immemorial in this country and there is no need to hide this sad fact. I am ashamed to say that I also assisted in the corruption practice to get out of inconvenience and to speed out some matters. Although I had only paid out 10 ringgits to avoid being ticketed for a small traffic offence, I think it had enough that I have committed an offence that I myself abhore the most. Further my friend confided to me he had paid out 20,000 ringgits just to get his land being approved for sub-division for housing project.  We as citizens should not only sit back and point accusing fingers at those corrupt officers instead we should do our part not to bribe them when we actively expose them. Let's all try to do our part in stamping out corrupt practices and weed out the corrupt officials no matter how senior they may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment